SEARCH NOW:
by title by author

Monday, September 3, 2007

conflicts in conditional moves - fantasy football

I ran into an interesting situation over the weekend. I had proposed a 2 for 1 trade with another owner. While the trade was pending, another owner waive a player. I decided it was worth an effort to claim the player although I was way down the priority list. BUT to make a claim I needed to conditionally drop one of my existing players. The most expendable in my mind was one of the players I had offered in the proposed trade.

What happens in ESPN Fantasy football when the same player is involved in 2 simulataneous conditional moves? The trade proposal would have expired about 36 hours before the waiver claims were processed. IF exercised, the trade was subject to a 48 hour wait while other owners had a chance to object. So the trade would not finalize until after the waiver claims were process. By exercising the trade, I would have a conditional vacancy for the player being claimed BUT would the claim be voided by the pending trade?

I decided I didn't want to take the risk especially once a 2nd player joined the waiver wire so my odds of getting one of the waived players increased.

So I go on not knowing. Has anyone completed such a scenario?

First NFL game is now just 3 days away. I have 1 player, Reggie Bush, who will be playing in that game

No comments: